Sample the many pleasures of Turkish culinary culture on this food-focused tour of Istanbul.
Sample the many pleasures of Turkish culinary culture on this food-focused tour of Istanbul. Taste delicious Turkish cuisine, experience the thriving markets, learn how to make a Turkish delight, cross continents with a ferry ride across the Bosphorus to Asia. Take a stroll along the scenic waterfront of Uskudar. Check out a hidden view of the Maiden's Tower while enjoying a traditional Turkish tea and Turkish delight.
Your Istanbul food tour begins in the breath-taking Spice Bazaar, where you can taste some local cheeses, sweets and a Turkish dried beef called pastirma. Don't forget to pick up some Turkish delight from the long-established sweet makers. While you ramble around the market, your guide will purchase food to sample and treats to take with us on our journey to Asia. The samples will vary depending on the season; you may get fresh nuts, pastirma, halva, olives, Turkish cheese, simit and of course, the world-famous Turkish yoghurt drink, Ayran.
After leaving the market, we'll take the ferry to Uskudar and enjoy a stroll along the waterfront, stopping at a local tea spot for a view of the Maiden's Tower and the Bosphorus. Enjoy tea and a Turkish delight and learn about popular foods and traditions in Turkey. Afterwards, we return by metro to the port of Eminonu, where our guide will offer recommendations for the evening or assist you with getting back to your hotel.
- Take a stroll along the scenic waterfront of Uskudar
- Explore the hidden view of the Maiden's Tower while enjoying a traditional Turkish tea and Turkish delight
Tour Start Time: 14:00hrs
Duration: 3.5 Hours
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants of 0 to 6 years are free of charge.
- Child Price: 7-11 years
- Please ensure you arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start time.
- Meeting point: Entrance to Spice bazaar (main entrance facing the port area marked Fish Market gate, in Turkish Balik Pazari Kapisi).
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.