Explore the legacy of Mehmet II, one of the Ottoman Empire's most written about sultans. History books often refer to this extraordinary figure as The Conqueror, in honour of his most precocious feat: he conquered the city of Constantinople when he was only 21 years old. The aim of this tour is to learn more about the life and feats of this sultan who could speak six languages fluently.
Mehmet II's greatest legacy is the sprawling Fatih complex. Enjoy a leisurely wander around the many fabulous constructions that fill it. Roman columns, Byzantine churches, Gothic cisterns and some of the most beautiful mosques you will ever see all stand side by side in this eclectic time box.
Most of these constructions are shrouded in legend and myth and many have very interesting historical stories behind them. Learn about the life story of each monument thanks to your charismatic guide's well-versed narrative. His eloquent rhapsodizing of ancient history will seemingly bring the amazing world of the Ottoman Sultans to life before your very eyes.
To top the day off, visit one the single most interesting, liveliest and most colourful of Istanbul's street bazaars: the Casaba Paxar. Enjoy the hustle and bustle of walking through a traditional bazaar and seeing the locals haggle to get their hands on the local produce for the best prices. At the end of the day, you will feel a true connoisseur of Istanbul's history and character.
- Explore the legacy of Mehmet II
- Learn more about the life and feats of this sultan
- Enjoy a leisurely wander
- Visit Byzantine churches
- Visit Gothic cisterns
- Visit the Casaba Paxar
- Enjoy the hustle and bustle of walking through a traditional bazaar
Tour Start Time: 13:00hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-7 years
- Pick-up service is available only in a hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and TAKSIM areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.