Learn more about the fascinating and ever-changing history of Turkey with this exciting visit to the Archaeological Museum of Istanbul.
Learn more about the fascinating and ever-changing history of Turkey with this exciting visit to the Archaeological Museum of Istanbul. This building was Turkey's very first museum and it has been bestowed with the museum of the year prize by the Council of Europe, such as the importance of the legacy it contains. The construction is in fact so large it has divided its collection into four different buildings.
Begin by meeting your splendid guide. His history savvy is guaranteed to entertain you throughout the duration of the visit, as he narrates myths and legends, and even some more piquant tales from ages past. Discover inside the renowned Sarcophagus of Alexander the Great, the young king of Macedon who conquered half the known world. Alongside it, you are able to lay eyes on a grandiose collection of priceless artefacts from a variety of historical periods souvenirs of the archaic era mix with those of the Classical, the Hellenistic, the Roman and many more. There is even a spectacular collection of coins.
The New Building was inaugurated as recently as 1998 and it contains a magnificent exhibition on the Trojan and Anatolian cultures. There is also a whole fascinating section dedicated to the most beautiful of Turkish cities, Istanbul, former capital of the Byzantine Empire. The third building has great Mesopotamian works of art and gizmos dating back thousands of years. Discover al the civilisations that ever lived in Turkey the Sumerians, Hittites, Arcadians, Babylonians and many more.
- Visit to the exciting Archaeological Museum of Istanbul
- Discover inside the renowned Sarcophagus of Alexander
- View grandiose collection of priceless artefacts
- View spectacular collection of coins
- Enjoy magnificent exhibition on the Trojan and Anatolian cultures
- View great Mesopotamian works of art
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-7 years
- Pick-up Service is available only in a hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and Taksim areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
- Hotel's main entrance, lobby or reception. Please be ready 15 minutes before pick up.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.