This one-day excursion from Istanbul is an ideal option for those visiting to pay a visit to this famous battlefield, now a strangely poignant and peaceful spot.
Gallipoli was the site of the ill-fated Allied World War I campaign to seize control of the Dardanelles straits where thousands of soldiers lost their lives. This one-day excursion from Istanbul is an ideal option for those visiting to pay a visit to this famous battlefield, now a strangely poignant and peaceful spot.
We'll leave our hotel at around 06:30 for the five-hour drive southwards to Gallipoli as your tour leader tells you all about the harrowing history of the campaign and battles. Once there we'll visit Anzac Cove the site of the first bloody battle between Australian and New Zealand troops and the Turkish defenders.
We'll visit the carefully preserved Turkish and Allied trenches at Johnston's Jolly and the site of the Battle of the Nek, where hundreds of Australian troops were slaughtered. We will then visit the Australian War Memorial at Lone Pine named after the solitary pine tree that once grew here where you will find the names of 4221 Australian and 709 New Zealand soldiers who have no known grave. We will also visit the Memorials to the New Zealand and Turkish dead at Chunuk Bair. The beautiful landscape and quiet atmosphere of these sites belie their horrific past. After the tour and a visit to the Gallipoli Museum, we will return to Istanbul, arriving late in the evening. At the end of the tour at around 18:00, you will be transferred back to Istanbul. Around 23:00 you will arrive back to Istanbul and will be dropped off to your hotel in Istanbul.
- Visit Anzac Cove
- Learn about the harrowing history of the campaign and battles
- Visit Chunuk Bair the New Zealand and Turkish Memorials
- Discover the Gallipoli Museum
Tour Start Time: 06:00hrs
What You Get
- Entrance fee
- Pick up from the hotel, drop off at the hotel
- Air-conditioned transportation
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-5 years carried free of charge.
- Pick-up Service is available only in a hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and Taksim areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
- Pick-up from hotel lobby. Kindly allow a 15-minute margin due to traffic or local weather. Please be at the meeting point 15 min before the start of the tour.
- Drop-off back to hotel in Istanbul
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.