Balat to Tekfur Tour
It is one of the Jewish districts where Jews were re-settled during the time of the Ottoman Empire.
Balat is located on the southern shores of the Golden Horn. It is one of the Jewish districts where Jews were re-settled during the time of the Ottoman Empire. We walk in Balat and find ourselves in intriguing streets with amazingly colorful life. Synagogues, Armenian churches, Romaic churches, Byzantine remnants and Ayazma’s are part of today’s adventure. Although once it had seven synagogues, now it has only two in good condition: Ahrida and Yambol Synagogues. Among many other places we visit during this tour, are the cast-iron Bulgarian Orthodox church of St. Stephen of the Bulgars, the city walls and the ruins of the Byzantine palace known as Tekfur Saray, and the Armenian Church of Surp Hresdagabet.
Tour Start Time: 08:30hrs
Duration: 8 Hours
What You Get
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off.
- Tour guide
- This tour is available only on Sundays.
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited.
- Return time to hotel: Approximately at 05:00 pm
- Child Rate: 3-6 years old
- Pick-Up/Drop-Off within Istanbul City Centre
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- The voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After puchase, kindly email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 3 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.