The Ancient City of Ephesus is one of the crown jewels of mankind's greatest cultural and historical heritage.
The Ancient City of Ephesus is one of the crown jewels of mankind's greatest cultural and historical heritage. Ephesus is home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Temple of Artemis (completed around 550 BC and destroyed in 401 BC by a mob led by St John Chrysostom), as well as being one the of the seven churches of Asia that are cited in the Book of Revelation, and the supposed site of writing of the Gospel of John.
You will take a walk in the ancient streets, as well as seeing hints of wealthy urban lifestyle at the height of Roman and Greek civilizations. You will take an early morning- flight to Izmir and then transfer to Ephesus. On the way, you will pay a pilgrimage visit to the House of Mother Mary. This Christian and Muslim shrine is located in the vicinity of Ephesus, and it is believed by many that Mother Mary, was taken to this stone house by Saint John and lived her last days there. Her final resting place is also nearby.
You will then visit the ancient city of Ephesus, the Roman capital of Asia Minor. Your tour will include the Odeon, the Marble Street, the Hadrian Temple, the Celcius Library and the Great Theatre. After lunch, the tour will take you to the Basilica of St John. At the end of the tour, you will be transferred to Izmir airport and take a return flight to Istanbul. You will be met at Istanbul Ataturk Airport and transferred back to your hotel, to end your journey.
- Discover the Ancient City of Ephesus
- Learn about the crown jewels of mankind's greatest cultural and historical heritage
- Visit the House of Mother Mary
- Visit the ancient city of Ephesus, the Roman capital of Asia Minor
- See Odeon, the Marble Street and the Hadrian Temple
- Visit the Celcius Library and the Great Theatre
Tour Start Time: 06:00hrs
What You Get
- Domestic flight tickets
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicles
- Airport transfers
- All personal expenses
- Admission Fees
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-10 years
- Pick-up Service is available only in a hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and Taksim areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.