Wake up to local life with a bright-and-early food tour that gives you a literal taste for this northern Thai town.
Good morning, Chiang Mai. Wake up to local life with a bright-and-early food tour that gives you a literal taste for this northern Thai town. Your Chiang Mai food tour will start out with a visit to Warorot Market, where you can find better quality and better prices than at the city's more touristy markets. We'll grab a light breakfast here and explore the produce market, clothing market, and flower market, and try some local snacks and fresh fruit. From there, we'll catch a local songthaew (those famed red trucks of Chiang Mai) to Wua Lai Road, where we can visit with the traditional silversmiths at Wat Sri Suphan.
We'll then walk back to the old city moat and have a coffee break in the garden of a local art centre this little oasis is a hidden gem of Chiang Mai. Continuing our Chiang Mai tour, we'll walk to Chedi Luang Temple and visit the giant pagoda and Chiang Mai city pillar. From there, we'll walk to the Three Kings Monument for lunch at a local restaurant that's loved among Chiang Mai's people, and dig into authentic Thai dishes like khao soi (a soup-like curry with crispy egg noodles), lim Lao ngow noodles, saad noodles, and Khao man gai (chicken with rice). We'll finish with a dessert of coconut ice cream or some other sweets unique to Chiang Mai.
- Visit Warorot Market
- Explore the produce market, clothing market, and flower market, and try some local snacks and fresh fruit
- Visit with the traditional silversmiths at Wat Sri Suphan
- Admire Chedi Luang Temple
- Visit the giant pagoda
- Explore Chiang Mai city pillar
- Experience walk back to the old city moat and have a coffee break in the garden of a local art centre
- Visit Three Kings Monument for lunch at a local restaurant
Tour Start Time: 07:30hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- Drinks and meal
- What to wear: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate. As this trip visits religious sites, please ensure your knees and shoulders are covered.
- Infants 0-5 years carried free of charge.
- Pick-Up: Guests will be picked up from the Centrally located Hotels in Chiang Mai.
- Drop-Off: Guests will be drop off to Three Kings Monument (from there, your guide can help you to secure local transportation back to your hotel).
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 10 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.