Visit the impressive mountain temple of Doi Suthep high above the mountains of Chiang Mai
Just outside of Chiang Mai is the iconic Buddhist temple of Wat Phra That Doi Suthep (nicknamed ‘Doi Suthep’ after its mountain home). We’ll head to this ornate Buddhist temple site high above the hills bright and early so we can have the place to ourselves.
The sprawling grounds of this temple site invite everyone to sit in silence or just wander around in awe. If you came for the breathtaking views, you can climb over 300 steps to witness unrivaled views of the region stretching out below. You can also take the cable car up and/or down if you love the feeling of floating on air!
After gaining insight into the life and spirituality of Buddha, we will make our way to the Hmong Hill Tribe Village located in Pui Mountain. As we arrive, we might be greeted by children running around in colorful traditional clothes unique to the Doi Pui tribes.
At the museum, we will learn more about the native people’s culture, history, and industry while supporting the local community. You’ll also get the chance to rent traditional clothes and stage an impromptu photoshoot here (around THB 50).
If you’re the type to want to just chill and enjoy the view, there is a coffee shop where you can do exactly that before we head back to Chiang Mai to conclude the morning’s activities.
- 08:00am - Pick-up from Hotel
- 09:00am - Departure from Meeting Point
- 09:30am - Arrive at Phrathat Doi Suthep Temple
- 11:00am - Travel to Hmong Hill Trible Village in Pui Mountain
- 01:00pm - Return to Meeting Point/Hotel
Tour Duration: 08:00am - 01:00pm (approx. 4 hours)
What You Get
- Pick-up and Drop-off Hotel (within free pick-up area)
- Transportation throughout by Air-conditioned Vehicle
- Tour Guide (English Speaking)
- Bottled Water
- Entrance Fees (Doi Suthep THB50, Hmong Doi Pui THB40)
- Personal expenses
- Things to bring: Clothing that covers arms and legs, Jacket or other layers for higher altitudes, Comfortable shoes, Camera, Sun protection, Mosquito repellent
- Free pick-up and drop-off only for customers located in the central city of Chiang Mai and the surrounding areas of the Old City Wall in Chiang Mai Province including Chang Klan Road, Thapae Road, Wualai Road in zones of the Night Bazaar, Lam Yai Market (Kad Luang), Sunti Tham, Nimmanhaemin Road, Super Highway Road from Rin Come Square to Kuang Sing Square pass road, Arkhet Transfer Station, Railway station and Chiang Mai Airport, Areas within 2km from the city area (Muang District)
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 5 minutes before the pick-up time provided
- If your hotel is outside of the free pick-up area (mentioned above), the designated meeting point is the Thapae Gate in Chiang Mai Old City. *Please be at the designated meeting point 5 minutes before the pick-up time provided
- You will be joined together with a small group of max. 5-8 people for this tour
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the driver to verify before proceeding to board the vehicle
- If your hotel is within the free pick-up area, the driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 5 minutes before the pick-up time provided.
- If your hotel is outside the free pick-up area, the designated meeting point is the Thapae Gate in Chiang Mai Old City. Please arrive at least 5 minutes before the pick-up time provided in the itinerary
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com
- Full Name
- Number of Pax
- Hotel Name
- Contact No