Visit Thailand’s highest point at Doi Inthanon National Park, above the mountains of Chiang Mai
Rising 2,565m above sea level is Thailand’s highest peak Doi Inthanon (or “Doi In”, for short!). The peak lies to the east of its Himalayan cousins, surrounded by hiking trails, stunning waterfalls, and two monumental stupas dedicated to the king and queen.
Lace-up your walking shoes and join us as we explore one of Thailand’s original national parks and highest mountain. Perfect for adventurers and culture enthusiasts alike, this tour will take you through picturesque landscapes, remote villages, and incredible viewpoints.
Our first stop is one of the largest and the most beautiful waterfalls in the country, the Wachirathan Waterfall. Over 80 meters high, the power of this waterfall creates a refreshing mist that feeds the surrounding vegetation – giving you the most invigorating facial of your life! Then we’ll head to the amazing Sirithan Waterfall. This stunning 50-meter cascade, fed by the Mae Klan River from Doi Inthanon’s peak, is perfectly hidden deep in the pine forest. Follow one of the many paths around the impressive and powerful body of water; enjoy the cool spray as you pursue closer views, maybe even a rainbow! Next, we’ll stop at the famous twin pagodas: the Napamatanee Don and Napaphon Bhumisiri. Built for the Royal King and Queen, they are located at the highest point in Thailand, enriched with beautiful flower gardens and Alpen Roses. After visiting the royal stupas, we’ll stop by a restaurant to refuel for lunch.
After lunch, we’ll burn off all that pad thai with a bit of “mini-hiking” at the Angka Nature Trail. The trail is a 360m platform walkway taking you through the mossy rocks of the cloud forest. We’ll then visit a Karen Tribe locale where we will learn a bit about the tribes' people’s culture and way of life, as we explore their village of Sobhad. We will finish the day by mingling with the people of the Hmong Tribe in the upland market, browsing its wealth of fine textiles, exotic foods, and local handicrafts.
- 08:30am - Pick-up from Hotel
- 08:45am - Departure from meeting point
- 10:00am - Explore Wachirathan Waterfall
- 10:30am - Take pictures and explore Sirithan Waterfall
- 11:30am - Visit the twin Royal Pagodas, Napamatanee Don and Napaphon Bhumisiri
- 12:00pm - Enjoy lunch at Doi Inthanon Restaurant
- 01:00pm - Visit the highest point in Thailand, 2,500m above sea level
- 02:00pm - Angka Nature Trail
- 03:00pm - Meet Karen Hill Tribe and explore Mae Klang Luang Village
- 03:30pm - Delve into a local hill tribe market
- 04:00pm - Return to meeting point/Hotel
Tour Duration: 08:30am - 04:00pm (approx. 8 hours)
What You Get
- Pick-up and Drop-off from Hotel (within free pick-up area)
- Air-conditioned Vehicle
- Tour Guide (English-speaking)
- Drinking Water
- Entrance Fees (Doi Inthanon National Park THB 320, King & Queen Pagoda THB 40)
- Personal Expenses
- Things to bring: Clothing that covers arms and legs (for pagodas), Jacket or other layers for higher altitudes, Comfortable shoes, Camera, Sun protection, Mosquito repellent
- Free pick-up and drop-off only for customers located in the central city of Chiang Mai and the surrounding areas of the Old City Wall in Chiang Mai Province including Chang Klan Road, Thapae Road, Wualai Road in zones of the Night Bazaar, Lam Yai Market (Kad Luang), Sunti Tham, Nimmanhaemin Road, Super Highway Road from Rin Come Square to Kuang Sing Square Pass Road, Arkhet Transfer Station, Railway station and Chiang Mai Airport, Areas within 2km from the city area (Muang District)
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 5 minutes before the pick-up time provided
- If your hotel is outside of the free pick-up area (mentioned above), the designated meeting point is the Thapae Gate in Chiang Mai Old City. *Please be at the designated meeting point 5 minutes before the pick-up time provided
- You will be joined together with a small group of max. 5-8 people for this tour
- Kindly be at the meeting point/hotel lobby at least 10 minutes befire the stated meeting/pick-up time. The tour guide will only wait a maximum of 10 minutes for your before proceeding to the next stop. If you are headed to the meeting point, we would like to stress that heavy traffic in the mornings is expected, and can vary greatly when compared to the travel time stated in navigation apps. Please make sure to consider leaving with enough time to reach your destionation.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the driver to verify before proceeding to board the vehicle
- If your hotel is within the free pick-up area, the driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 10 minutes before the pick-up time provided
- If your hotel is outside the free pick-up area, the designated meeting point is the Thapae Gate in Chiang Mai Old City. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time provided in the itinerary
How To Buy
- If you are staying within the "free pick-up area", kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead Name
- Hotel Name
- Contact No