Our Bangkok food tour will take you around the Bang Lamphu and Ban Phan Thom neighbourhoods, showing you where the locals really like to eat.
Let us take you on the ultimate local tour that'll make all your foodie dreams come too. This private Bangkok food tour will lead you to some of the best-hidden restaurants and street food stalls in the city's Bang Lamphu and Ban Phan Thom districts. Our local, food-obsessed guides will share with you their handpicked all-time favourite places. We'll introduce you to the places that only locals know about, tucked down back alleys, in quiet corners, and even hiding in plain sight, invisible to most tourists who walk past!
Every tour is a little different as each guide has their own preferences, but if you are looking for something in particular that you want to taste, then be sure to let your guide know and they will try to find something amazing for you along the route. The time of the day can also determine what is or isn't available, but we can easily take you out for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
You could learn where to get the cheapest green curry in Bangkok, or where to find an ancient Thai dessert that's rarely seen on restaurant menus. Or you could meet the family that has been making roti for over half a century or a woman who quit her job at a 5-star hotel to run a curry shop down a back alley. If you're feeling brave, maybe take a bite or try the authentic Isan-style version of papaya salad with fermented fish sauce. Or maybe even sample a soup made with Kariang peppers some of the hottest peppers you'll find in Thailand.
- Discover the best food in Bangkok, hidden down the back alleys of the city's old town district
- Sample some dishes like tangy papaya salad and spicy curries at secret shops that only locals know
- Chat with Street food vendors who have been serving the man dish
- Learn about Thailand's culinary
Tour Start Time: 11:00hrs / 17:00hrs
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
What You Get
- Snacks or light meal at each food stall or restaurant on the tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips or gratuities for your guide.
- While walking through the markets or street stalls, please do not step over any food that is put on the floor.
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- This tour can be customised to accommodate vegetarians and other dietary requirements. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.