Enjoy a Bangkok floating river market and railway market tour during this unique day trip out of the city
The sprawling city of Bangkok is as much about the outskirts as it is the city centre. Skip the public transport and traffic jams because we’re leaving the city early and taking you to two quirky markets, one set along a railway track and another floating down the river!
Our first stop will be a Maeklong Railway Market Tour or Rom Hoop market, a typical Thai bazaar selling colourful fruits, veggies and trinkets. The only not so typical thing about this market? Whenever a train rumbles through, the vendors pack up their goods and scatter. Our guide will know the Maeklong Railway Market train schedule and make sure you’re on the train to get the full experience!
No less quirky is our next stop, Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Here, vendors sell their goods from wooden boats as they cruise down the river. If you fancy Thai treats or handicraft souvenirs during this floating market Bangkok tour, simply wave one down to make a purchase.
After the floating market Bangkok tour, we’ll stop at two important temples before arriving back in Bangkok. Wat Bang Kung is a memorial to Thai soldiers who lost their lives during the war against Burma. Shrouded by tree roots, it’s an atmospheric place to explore and pay your respects.
Bang Kung Camp is a Buddhist temple built during the Ayutthaya period with a strong wall to protect against the Burmese army. Your guide will explain the history before dropping you safely back in Bangkok.
- 07:30am - 08:30am - Pick-up from Hotel (within free pick-up area) / Meeting Point (if the hotel is not in the pick-up area)
- 10:30am - Visit Damnoen Saduak Floating Market with boat ride
- 12:30pm - Visit Wat Bang Kung
- 01:30pm - Visit Wat Lard Yah
- 02:20pm - Take the famous train ride from Lard Yah Station to Mae Klong Station
- 02:30pm - Visit Maeklong train market
- 04:00pm - 05:00pm - Return to Meeting Point/Hotel
Tour Duration: 07:30am - 03:30pm (approx. 8 hours)
What You Get
- Pick-up and Drop-off at Hotel (within free pick-up area)
- Tour Guide (English-speaking)
- Bottled Water
- Train Ride to Maeklong Railway Market
- Boat Ride to and inside Floating Marketing (THB 200)
- Things to bring: Sun protection, Clothes to cover arms and legs (for temples)
- Visitors are required to cover up to enter the temples. Please wear a long-sleeved shirt and long pants or bring something to cover-up
- Free pick-up and drop-off area, from Khao San Road, Narathiwas Ratchanakarin, Sathorn Road (North and South), Pratunam, Wireless Road
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 10 minutes before the pick-up time provided
- If your hotel is outside of the free pick-up area (mentioned above), the designated meeting point is at National Stadium BTS Station Exit 2. *Please be at the designated meeting point 5 minutes before the pick-up time provided
- You will be joined together with a small group of max. 5-8 people for this tour
- Kindly be at your meeting point/hotel lobby (please ensure your accommodation is within our free pickup areas) at least 10 minutes before the stated meeting/pick up time. Our tour guides will only wait for a maximum of 10 minutes for you before proceeding to the next stop. If you are headed to a meeting point, we would like to stress that heavy traffic in the mornings is expected, and can vary greatly when compared to the travel time stated in navigation apps. Please make sure to consider leaving with enough time to reach your destination.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the driver to verify before proceeding to board the vehicle
- If your hotel is within the free pick-up area, the driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 10 minutes before the pick-up time provided
- If your hotel is outside the free pick-up area, the designated meeting point is is at National Stadium BTS Station Exit 2. *Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time provided in the itinerary
How To Buy
- If you are staying within the "free pick-up area", kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead Name
- Hotel Name
- Contact No