Do you love Thai food? Do you want to learn how to make some of your favourite dishes? Do you want to give back to the local community during your stay in Bangkok? If so, this tour is for you!
Your guide will meet you and take you to a quaint little market where you'll be introduced to the most important ingredients in Thai cuisine. We'll pick up what we need for our cookery class and chat to some local vendors along the way. On our way out, we'll try some street snacks and pick up some delicious desserts for later and then return to our house to begin the demonstration. The cookery lesson will be led by the awesome folks over at Courageous Kitchen, a remarkable not-for-profit organisation that works with local children to teach them about the importance of nutrition and to arm them with the tools they need to feed themselves and their families in the future. We'll have a refreshing drink before embarking on our culinary journey. Common dishes include tom kah coconut soup, the ever popular pad Thai, and stir-fried pad see ew with fresh rice noodles.
After all your dishes are made we can relax, eat and get to know each other better with the help of some delicious Thai desserts we picked up from the street stalls earlier in the day. Find out more about the charity and the inspiring work it does with the local community or grills your hosts on everyday life in Bangkok. We hope that you enjoy using your newfound cooking skills for your friends and family back home, and we'd like to thank you for supporting such a great, local cause. Before you go, don't forget to ask your guide for advice on what else there is to see, do and eat during your stay in Bangkok.
- Experience the sights and smells of a bustling Thai market
- Discover some of Bangkok's legendary street food
- Learn Thai cooking techniques using fresh local ingredients
- Cook your favourite Thai dishes with a local leading the way
- Help the community, the proceeds from this tour will help impoverished local children learn new skills
Tour Start Time: 10:00hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- Transportation during the tour
- All food
- Local English-speaking guide
- Cooking equipment
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Transportation to and from the meeting and end points
- Tips or gratuities for your guide
- What to wear: Light-weight clothing and closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- This is a child-friendly tour.
- Children under the age of 10 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- Meeting Point: BTS Punnawithi (Stop ID: E11). Take the BTS Skytrain to stop E11 and when you exit the turnstiles, follow signs to exit 3. The signs will lead to steps. Please meet your guide at the top of the steps.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.