Take a trip back in time when you visit the Grand Palace Complex, once the home of the King of Siam. Built-in 1782, the palace also served as the Royal Court and administrative seat of government until the early 1900s.
Take a trip back in time when you visit the Grand Palace Complex, once the home of the King of Siam. Built-in 1782, the palace also served as the Royal Court and administrative seat of government until the early 1900s. Still very much the spiritual centre of the nation, the luxurious former royal residence is used regularly for various ceremonies throughout the year.
Continuing our spiritual quest, we will next encounter Wat Phra Kaew, which houses the revered Emerald Buddha. Your local guide will lead you through the grounds of the palace, offering a fascinating insight into this majestic place and its spiritual significance. A short walk from here, you can marvel at the magnificent Wat Po temple, the country's first university and the centre of Buddhism in Thailand. Founded in the 17th century, Wat Po is also the oldest Buddhist temple in Bangkok and remains today as a learning centre for traditional Thai massage and medicines.
Take a leisurely stroll to the Chao Praya River (River of Kings) to board a long tail and cruise along the river before entering Bangkok's network of canals known as khlongs. In centuries past, Bangkok was often referred to as the Venice of the East with its vast network of khlongs that were utilised as a transport network. While many Khlongs have been filled in and converted to roads for more modern forms of transport, in the Thonburi area of Bangkok many still survive. It is these we will weave through to gain an insight into the lives of people who call the khlongs home seemingly a world away from the chaotic streets of Bangkok.
- Visit the Grand Palace Complex
- Be amazed at the oldest Buddhist temple in Bangkok
- Learn about the traditional Thai massage and medicines
- Stroll through the Chao Praya River
Tour Start Time: 08:30hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- What to wear: Casual, comfortable and light clothing. Please ensure your knees and shoulders are covered as this walking tour may visit religious sites.
- You will also require shoes that have a closed heel to visit the Grand Palace.
- Children below the age of 6 years are not permitted on this tour.
- This tour operates daily. This tour starts at 08:30 and ends at 12:30.
- For activities excluded transfer please be on time at the meeting point.
- Pick up from the lobby of Nouvo City Hotel, 2 Samsen Rd, Soi 2, Pranakorn, Bangkok.
- Drop back to Nouvo City Hotel
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 10 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.