Sail the canals of Damnoen Saduak and shop for souvenirs, Thai treats and other goods from the vendors who sell their wares from boats and along the riverbank.
You'll start your tour with a drive by private vehicle to the railway market, about two hours from Bangkok. Please be on time for your tour! We'll need to leave at 06:00 sharp or you'll miss the excitement at the surreal railway market. And trust us, you need to see it to believe it! Vendors set up their goods along active railway tracks, with fresh produce, fabrics, cooking supplies and more all lined up a mere few inches from the track's edge (and in some cases, right on top of the tracks). You'll get to see what happens when the train comes through: vendors gather up their things and lower their canopies, and both vendors and shoppers step aside as the train travels right through the middle of the market. Once the train leaves, business resumes as though nothing had disrupted them! Between the train schedule, your guide will lead you around the market and introduce you to traditional Thai foods, from desserts to snacks to fresh fruits. Don't be shy ' be sure to try a taste of the market.
We'll then continue on a short drive to a palm sugar plantation, where we'll visit the house of a villager who still makes palm sugar the traditional way. There are a lot of coconut palm tree plantations in Thailand, and the local wisdom of making organic palm sugar from the nectar of coconut flowers has been passed down from generation to generation.
Onward, we'll board a small boat for a ride through narrow village canals, to reach the famous floating market of Damnoen Saduak ' keep your camera ready as this place is a non-stop photo op. If anything catches your eye along your boat ride, let your guide know and you can stop to chat with vendors and purchase something to take home (or to eat right there!).
We'll then depart the boat and walk around to explore more of the market. You'll find a variety of Thai foods, such as seasonal tropical fruits from local orchards, as well as souvenirs, all available on both river banks.
Around noon, we'll head back to Bangkok. If you wish, you can get off at a BTS Sky Train station, or we can return you to the meeting point. Your local guide will be happy to give you directions back to your accommodations or to other sites you should see.
- Explore the famous Damnoen Saduak floating market, where you can try delicious local treats and tasty seasonal fruits
- See local life along the water while riding a small boat through village canals
- Watch how local vendors set up shop along the tracks and pack up when a train comes at the Railway Market
- Learn how to make palm sugar, one of the key ingredients of traditional Thai cooking
Tour Start Time: 06:00hrs
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Private transportation during the tour
- Boat ride
- Light snacks
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips or gratuities for your guide and driver
- What to wear: Casual and comfortable wear
- Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- If the Damnoen Saduak floating market is closed, we can visit an alternate floating market such as Tha Kha.
- Traffic conditions may delay the return journey to Bangkok
- Meeting Point: Lobby of Nouvo City Hotel, 2 Samsen 2, Samsen Rd., Banglamphu, Bangkok.
- Note: You must arrive at the meeting point on time. Due to the train schedule at the Railway Market, we will not be able to wait longer than 5 minutes. We recommend aiming to be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the tour start time.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.