Meinong and Aboriginal Village Culture One Day Tour
Visit Meinong Township and learn about Hakka Culture in this one day tour!
Explore Meinong township, which has well preserved its traditional Hakka culture and old-world ambiance over the years. The township is well known for its artistic oilpaper umbrellas and Hakka cuisine. Start the tour with a visit to the East Gate Tower, a fmous landmark in Meinong, with a unique apperance. It was built as an internal structure in the East Fence by Hakka people who valued education in the hope that their descendants would prosper. You will also see the Respect World Paviliion, a national heritage site which was built during the Qianlong Emperor's reign in the Qing Dynasty. Visit the Taiwan Indigenous Culture Park, located in Pintung County. . The area is designed like an open-air museum showcasing the beauty of the natural environment and local aboriginal culture. Lastly, you will also visit the Pingtung Suspension Bridge, the nation's longest suspension bridge, which is 262 meter long. Come and join in this cultural day tour.
08:30 Meet at MRT Formosa Boulevard Station Exit 2
09:00 Meet at THSR Zuoying Station Exit 3 (in front of Starbucks)
East Gate Tower (20mins)
Oil paper umbrella DIY (1 hour)
Respect Word Pavillion
Yongan Old Street+ Jing Sing Blue Dyed Shirt Store (Enjoy lunch, at your own expense)
Taiwan Indigenous Culture Park (2 hours)
Pingtung suspension bridge
16:30 Drop off at MRT Formosa Boulevard station/ THSR Zuoying Station
09:00 - 16:30 hours
What You Get
Meinong and Aboriginal Village Culture Day Tour
Adult: Age 7 and above
Child: Age 6 and below
- Bus Transportation
- Tour Guide
- Admission and DIY Fee
- Bottled Mineral Water
- Children age 6 and below may purchase the child ticket. You may be asked to present your passport or identification for verification
- The tour requires a minimum purchase of 4 people to commence.
- Child age between 1~4 yrs old, and weight between 10~18kg, please notify us in advance to arrange child car seat.
- Child seats can be provided for an additional fee per seat. If you would like one, please select the add-on option when making your booking.
- Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the stipulated time. The bus will leave on time and will not wait for latecomers
- This is a shared tour package and you may be accompanied by other passengers
- No compensation will be given if you decide not to participate in certain activities
- The itinerary is for reference only. The actual route on the tour day may differ depending on circumstances and traffic conditions
- Please note that this tour is in Chinese. If you require an English-speaking Guide, please purchase the add-on option per person
How to Use
- Present email confirmation to the tour operator at the meeting point
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There