In Switzerland, do what the Swiss do and go where the Swiss go - visit beautiful Mount Rigi!
Go where the Swiss go and visit beautiful Mount Rigi! Discover the different means of transportation as the aerial cable car and Europe's first ever mountain railway and relish the amazing view over 13 lakes and the magnificent alpine panorama. Enjoy a boat ride on beautiful Lake Lucerne and visit the charming Old Town of Lucerne.
The journey starts with a lovely coach ride crossing the Albis Pass and along beautiful Lake of the Four Cantons to Weggis, a charming summer resort on the shores of the lake. Board the aerial cable car to Rigi Kaltbad where you change to Europe‘s first ever mountain railway up to the summit Rigi-Kulm (1800m). The unsurpassed views from the top of this majestic mountain to the midland with its deep blue lakes and the snowcapped mountain range will overwhelm you! A variety of well-prepared hiking trails invite for a walk and cozy alpine restaurants offer a decent selection of typical, hearty meals all accompanied by the amazing alpine panorama. In winter, you might fancy renting a sledge and zoom down the valley. In the afternoon, descent by cogwheel train to Vitznau and board the public boat for a lovely one-hour cruise on the picturesque Lake of the Four Cantons towards Lucerne. Enjoy a stroll on the medieval streets of the charming Old Town and see the famous Chapel Bridge, the Jesuit Church and the Town-Hall. Further recommendations are a visit to the Swiss Museum of Transport, the biggest museum in Switzerland or for art lovers the Rosengart Museum with works of the famous artists Picasso and Paul Klee. In the evening, meet your guide again for the coach journey back to Zürich.
- Don’t forget to bring along your camera to capture precious memories!
- Participants are free to bring lunch package or drinks on the tour but please take note that it is not allowed to eat on the coach
- Tour duration: 9.5 hours
- Children aged 5 and below may participate in the tour free
- Please arrive at the designated departure place at least 15 minutes prior to departure
- Gratuities are voluntary in Switzerland – If you are happy with the experience on the excursion, a tip on the end of the day is appreciated
- Kindly note that the guide will accompany the tour from Zürich to Weggis and from Lucerne to Zürich. The journey up and down Mt. Rigi as well as the boat ride to Lucerne will be unguided. For this segment, guests will receive detailed, written information
*Seasonal programme changes:
09.03. – 09.04.2020 & 16. – 27.11.2020: due to aerial cable car revision, ascent by cogwheel train
Tour departs 09:30 hrs from Zurich
Address of Departure Point:
Sihlquai Coach Parking
What You Get
- Guided Tour
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Cable car and cogwheel train
- Boat ride on Lake Lucerne
- Personal expenses
- Admission fees and equipment rental
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile voucher to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.