Rigi - Queen of the Mountains
In Switzerland, do what the Swiss do and go where the Swiss go - visit beautiful Mount Rigi!
Go where the Swiss go and visit beautiful Mount Rigi! Discover the different means of transportation as the aerial cable car and Europe's first ever mountain railway and relish the amazing view over 13 lakes and the magnificent alpine panorama. Enjoy a boat ride on beautiful Lake Lucerne and visit the charming Old Town of Lucerne.
The journey starts with a lovely coach ride crossing the Albis Pass and along beautiful Lake of the Four Cantons to Weggis, a charming summer resort on the shores of the lake. Board the aerial cable car to Rigi Kaltbad where you change to Europe‘s first ever mountain railway up to the summit Rigi-Kulm (1800m). The unsurpassed views from the top of this majestic mountain to the midland with its deep blue lakes and the snowcapped mountain range will overwhelm you! A variety of well-prepared hiking trails invite for a walk and cozy alpine restaurants offer a decent selection of typical, hearty meals all accompanied by the amazing alpine panorama. In winter, you might fancy renting a sledge and zoom down the valley. In the afternoon, descent by cogwheel train to Vitznau and board the public boat for a lovely one-hour cruise on the picturesque Lake of the Four Cantons towards Lucerne. Enjoy a stroll on the medieval streets of the charming Old Town and see the famous Chapel Bridge, the Jesuit Church and the Town-Hall. Further recommendations are a visit to the Swiss Museum of Transport, the biggest museum in Switzerland or for art lovers the Rosengart Museum with works of the famous artists Picasso and Paul Klee. In the evening, meet your guide again for the coach journey back to Zürich.
- Don’t forget to bring along your camera to capture precious memories!
- Participants are free to bring lunch package or drinks on the tour but please take note that it is not allowed to eat on the coach
- Tour duration: 9.5 hours
- Children aged 5 and below may participate in the tour free
- Please arrive at the designated departure place at least 15 minutes prior to departure
- Gratuities are voluntary in Switzerland – If you are happy with the experience on the excursion, a tip on the end of the day is appreciated
- Kindly note that the guide will accompany the tour from Zürich to Weggis and from Lucerne to Zürich. The journey up and down Mt. Rigi as well as the boat ride to Lucerne will be unguided. For this segment, guests will receive detailed, written information.
Tour departs 09:30 hrs from Zurich
Address of Departure Point:
Sihlquai Coach Parking
What You Get
- Guided Tour
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Cable car and cogwheel train
- Boat ride on Lake Lucerne
- Personal expenses
- Admission fees and equipment rental
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile voucher to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to email@example.com at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.