Rhine Falls and Stein am Rhein
Discover the stunning Rhine Falls, Europe’s biggest waterfall followed by a visit of the medieval town of Stein am Rhein
Sit back and relax on a comfortable coach while listening to your multilingual guide explaining about Switzerland's interesting history and culture. The journey takes you along the Grand Tour of Switzerland through picturesque landscape with gently rolling vineyards and charming farming villages close to the German border. Reach the first highlight of this afternoon at splendid medieval Castle Laufen – the mighty Rhine Falls! Enjoy about one-hour leisure time at Europe's biggest waterfalls and one of Switzerland's major tourist attractions! Delight unique views from the panoramic lift and see how an average of 700'000 litres of water per second plunge across a width of 150 meters into the basin below. The Belvedere panoramic trail brings you to the viewing platform right above the falls where you feel the spindrift of the rumbling waters. Take an optional boat ride (summer only) close to the falls.
Continue your tour via Schaffhausen with its well-known Munot Fortress and passing through the beautiful countryside to the medieval town of Stein am Rhein. On a guided stroll, you learn about the well-preserved old town with its many distinctive buildings. Most of these half-timbered houses are made of stone with delicate wooden windows and stun visitors with their exceptional frescoes. The most prominent of these houses is the White Eagle, whose fresco counts as the oldest preserved mural painting of the Renaissance in Switzerland. After some time at leisure, drive back in the evening to Zürich.
- Don’t forget to bring along your camera to capture precious memories!
- Participants are free to bring lunch package or drinks on the tour but please take note that it is not allowed to eat on the coach
- Tour duration: 5 - 5¼ hours
- Children aged 5 and below may participate in the tour free
- Please arrive at the designated departure place at least 15 minutes prior to departure
- Gratuities are voluntary in Switzerland – If you are happy with the experience on the excursion, a tip on the end of the day is appreciated
Tour departs 13:15 hrs
Address of Departure Point
Sihlquai Coach Parking
What You Get
- Live guided in English and German
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Admission to Laufen Castle at Rhine Falls
- Guided walk in Stein am Rhein
- Personal expenses
- Boat ride at Rhine falls
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile voucher to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to email@example.com at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.