Pilatus - The Mystic Mountain (Winter)
Join this full day tour to the charming town of Lucerne and Mount Pilatus, one of Switzerland's most majestic mountains. Enjoy a typical Swiss lunch and explore the summit of the so-called Dragon Mountain on a short hike during your leisure time.
From Zürich the coach takes you on a scenic journey through beautiful countryside and along the Lake of the Four Cantons to the charming town of Lucerne. Take in the views during a short photo stop en route and enjoy a brief orientation drive, where your guide points out the main attractions of this charming town like the Chapel Bridge, the Town Hall, the Jesuit Church and the Culture and Congress Centre. Enjoy the following leisure time to stroll through Lucerne's beautiful Old Town. Continuation to Kriens from where you take the panoramic gondolas to Fräkmüntegg.
Continue the ascent by the spectacular aerial cableway "Dragon Ride" and enjoy the jaw dropping views out of the panoramic windows, especially designed to give the feeling of flying. At the peak of Mount Pilatus (2132m) a mystical, white winter paradise awaits you. According to the legend, kind dragons and numerous ghosts used to inhabit this mountain. Warm up in the cozy Swiss Mountain Restaurant and enjoy a typical lunch. If snow conditions allow it, venture down the Dragon's Path or go for short hike to the summit. Later you can relax inside the Panorama Gallery admiring magnificent views over the surrounding mountains of the Swiss Alps and the blue lakes in the valleys below. Descend again by aerial cable car and take the public bus back to Lucerne. In the evening, meet again with your guide for the coach journey back to Zurich.
- Our professional, multi-lingual guide accompanies the tour from Zürich to Kriens and from Lucerne to Zürich
- The way up and down Mt. Pilatus and the public bus ride back to Lucerne are unguided. For this part, you receive detailed, written information from your guide
Tour departs at 09:30.
What You Get
- Partly guided tour by professional multilingual guide
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Panoramic gondolas and aerial cable car Dragon Ride
- Value voucher for lunch
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Please check-in at our ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" at the latest 15 minutes prior to departure.
Sihlquai Coach Parking