Mountains, Cheese and Chocolate
An extraordinary small group excursion to the idyllic region of Eastern Switzerland! Visit the Appenzeller cheese factory and discover how they produce this tasty cheese. Enjoy fascinating views on a ride by aerial cable car to the top of the Panorama Mountain "Hoher Kasten" and learn about ancient customs on a guided stroll through the charming village of Appenzell where old traditions are still alive.
Drive in a comfortable minibus (max. 16 passengers) on the panoramic highway along beautiful Lake Zürich to the Lindt Chocolate Shop where a great shopping opportunity awaits you. Buy some of the most delicious Swiss Chocolate at best conditions!
Continue via the city of Rapperswil with its medieval castle and the green and hilly region of Appenzell. In Stein you visit the show dairy where the famous Appenzeller cheese is made! Learn about the cheese production and try some samples of this rich, aged cheese during a cheese tasting. Continue via the picturesque village of Appenzell to Brülisau where you board the aerial cable car and ascent the Panorama Mountain Hoher Kasten (1800m). Relish fascinating views from the top over the gently rolling hills of the Appenzellerland, the Rhine Valley and Vorarlberg (Austria).
Take a walk through the Alpine Garden and visit the spectacular revolving restaurant for a regional meal. After this unique experience, a guided walk through the small town of Appenzell awaits you. Your guide explains the ancient traditions and interesting customs of this region. The pedestrian zone with its decoratively painted wooden facades invites you for a stroll or some shopping before heading back to Zürich.
Tour starts at 10:00 from Zurich.
What You Get
- Fully guided tour by professional multilingual guide
- Transportation in comfortable minibus (max. 16 passengers)
- Visit of Lindt Chocolate Shop
- Visit of show dairy, incl. cheese tasting
- Aerial cable car "Hoher Kasten"
- Guided walk in Appenzell
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Please be at the chosen meeting point latest 15 minutes prior to departure.
Address of Departure Point:
Sihlquai Coach Parking