Mount Pilatus – the Golden Round Trip has it all! Enjoy the scenic coach journey through splendid countryside and a visit of the charming city of Lucerne. Ascent by different aerial cable cars to beautiful Mt. Pilatus with possibilities of easy hikes and gorgeous photo opportunities. Descent by the world's steepest cogwheel railway followed by a relaxing boat ride on Lake Lucerne.
Set off for an exciting day travelling over the Albis Pass and along the shores of Lake of the Four Cantons to the enchanting city of Lucerne. Take in the views during a short photo stop en route and enjoy a brief orientation drive, where your guide points out the main attractions of this charming town like the Chapel Bridge, the Town Hall, the Jesuit Church and the Culture and Congress Centre. Enjoy some leisure time to stroll through Lucerne's beautiful Old Town.
Continue to Kriens, where you take the panoramic gondolas to Fräkmüntegg. Then hop aboard the aerial cableway "Dragon Ride" and enjoy the jaw dropping views out of the panoramic windows, especially designed to give the feeling of flying. Once at the top of Mt Pilatus (2132 m), venture down the Dragon's Path or go for short hike to the summit.
Afterwards, relax on the panorama terrace admiring magnificent views over the surrounding mountains of the Swiss Alps and the blue lakes in the valleys below. Different restaurants invite for lunch. The highlight of this day is probably the thrilling descent on the world's steepest cogwheel railway* (48% gradient) down to Alpnachstad. Here you board the boat for a lovely 1-hour cruise on the beautiful Lake of the Four Cantons and enjoy the spectacular landscape from an entirely different angle. Coach ride back from Lucerne to Zürich.
- Seasonal programme changes
- Early May 2020: depending on snow conditions, the cogwheel train may be replaced by the aerial cable car (fully guided)
- 19.10. - 06.11.2020: Ascent and descent by cogwheel train, no boat ride but lunch included (fully guided)
- 07.11. - 15.11.2020: Ascent by cable car, descent by cogwheel train, no boat ride but lunch included (fully guided)
Tour starts at 09:30 from Zurich.
What You Get
- Fully guided tour by professional multilingual guide
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Panoramic gondolas and aerial cable car Dragon Ride
- Cogwheel train
- Boat ride
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.