Lucerne And Bürgenstock
Combine your trip to Lucerne, one of the most popular Swiss towns, with an unforgettable visit to Bürgenstock, famously known for its luxurious resort and panoramic views over the Lake and surrounding Alps.
Start off your day with a scenic coach journey through beautiful countryside and along the shores of the Lake of the Four Cantons to the charming town of Lucerne. Enjoy a short photo stop en route at either Lake Lucerne or the Lion Monument and capture the moment with your camera. On the way into the Old Town of Lucerne, your guide points out the most eminent landmarks like the Chapel Bridge, the Jesuit Church and the Concert & Congress Hall on a brief introduction tour. Once having arrived use your free time to roam around Lucerne, explore its sights or have a bite to eat. After noon, the newly designed Bürgenstock shuttle boat takes you to Kehrsiten on a scenic cruise before you board the legendary Bürgenstock funicular railway.
Discover the luxurious Bürgenstock resort that first opened its doors to the public back in 1827 and stroll along the paths where the rich and famous resided back in the days. Host to many renowned guests such as Charlie Chaplin, Audrey Hepburn or Sean Connery, the resort underwent complete reconstruction and reopened its doors in 2017. Shopping or restaurant opportunities at the resort, hiking paths in the pure nature and astonishing views over the Lake and Lucerne will await you at 500 metres above Lake Lucerne. For all the active or thrill-seekers we highly recommend taking an alpine hike to the Hammetschwand Lift, the world’s highest exterior elevator. Descend to Kehrsiten and take a relaxing boat ride back to Lucerne to round off your day. Meet your guide in Lucerne for the return journey to Zürich.
- Don’t forget to bring along your camera to capture precious memories!
- Participants are free to bring lunch package or drinks on the tour but please take note that it is not allowed to eat on the coach
- Tour duration: 9.5 hours (from Zurich)
- Children aged 5 and below may participate in the tour free
- Please arrive at the designated departure place at least 15 minutes prior to departure
- Gratuities are voluntary in Switzerland – If you are happy with the experience on the excursion, a tip on the end of the day is appreciated
- The tour is guided from Zürich to Lucerne and back by our professional guide. For the unescorted part (Lucerne & Bürgenstock visit) you will receive detailed, written information
Tour departs 09:30 hrs from Zurich
Address of Departure Point
Zurich Meeting Point
Sihlquai Coach Parking
What You Get
- Party live guided in English, German and Spanish
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Boat ride Lucerne – Kehrsiten – Lucerne
- Bürgenstock cable railway
- Personal expenses
- Meals and beverages
- Additional activities and admission fees
- Hammetschwand Lift
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile voucher to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.