Learn more about the settlement of Vada and visit ancient burial mounds with this private tour.
Visit the remains of the Swedish Iron Age and the countryside around Angarnsjöängen nature reserve. Explore a Viking assembly place, an ancient grave field, an Iron Age hillfort, and three so-called “king’s burial mounds” over 30 meters in diameter and 4 meters high. The Viking assembly place you visit first is one of the best-preserved in Sweden, with two runestones. Hear about the Vikings, their assembly tradition, and some of their laws that are known of. Then you travel to a big burial field, a graveyard that was used during most of the Iron Age. It still holds a lot of visible graves. Next, you stop at Landsberg’s farm, viewing its mighty runestone found close by and venture up the hill into the hillfort where a mighty noble lived in AD 200. At Vada, three big mounds rise over the landscape: the Vada burial mounds. They are the only remnants of an ancient Iron Age power center by the Långhundra waterway, one of the most important trading routes in Sweden during the Iron Age.
Duration: 3 hours
Start Time: 09:30am
What You Get
Iron Age 3-hour Private History Tour From Stockholm
Adult: Age 16 and above
- Private tour guide
- Entrance fee's
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Personal Expenses
- A minimum participation of 2 adults is required for this tour
- You will be picked up at your central Stockholm hotel/accommodation (within a 5km radius of Stockholm)
- It is also possible to be picked up from the port if you are arriving on a cruise on the day of the tour.
- Please confirm the pick-up time (and place) directly with the local operator at least 48 hours before the event. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- Please inform us of your preferred pick-up location after making a booking
How to Use
- Present mobile or printed voucher to tour guide
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.