Arctic Reindeer Sledding Tour
Take a day trip to the beautiful Sámi village of Rávttas and enjoy a sleigh ride through unspoiled nature.
Imagine yourself sitting comfortably in a traditional wooden sleigh being pulled slowly but steadily by a majestic reindeer through a peaceful Arctic landscape. This exciting adventure is a sure-fire way to get a true taste of how the reindeer herders transported themselves and their belongings during the winter months for the last several centuries. During the exciting hour-long sleigh ride you will have an opportunity to guide your reindeer through mesmerizing old-growth forest and across frozen moorland with the impressive Kiruna mountains rising as an unforgettable backdrop that is sure to create memories that last a lifetime. Up to 2 people will be traveling in each sleigh - both with the opportunity to steer as you take turns holding the reins. Different reindeer have different characteristics and for the more adventurous there will normally be an opportunity to choose a stronger reindeer to pull their sled for a more lively ride. As you return to the camp you will be invited inside one of the warm and cozy traditional Sámi lavvus (teepee) where you will be served a freshly prepared, delicious meal around an open fire.
What You Get
Arctic Reindeer Sledding Tour
- Pick-up and drop-off from your accommodation in Abisko or Björkliden
- Hot beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Winter clothing
- This activity is provided in cooperation with a local reindeer herder. It can sometimes be hard to predict the exact timing of when to gather and separate the herds.
- The tour includes warm winter clothing and lunch
- A maximum of 8 participants are allowed on this tour ensuring a personal and exclusive experience
- You will be picked up from the main reception of your accommodation. Please ensure you are ready to depart at least 5 minutes before the stated pick up times below
How to Use
- Present mobile or printed voucher to tour guide
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
You will be picked up from the main reception of your accommodation. Please ensure you are ready to depart at least 5 minutes before the stated pick up times below.
Approximate pick-up times:
- Björkliden - Hotel Fjället - 9.00am
- Björkliden - Gammelgården - 9.00am
- STF Abisko Turiststation - 9.15am
- Abisko Mountain Lodge - 9.25am
- Abisko.net - 9.30am
- Abisko Guesthouse - 9.35am