Go back in time with the magic of Toledo. Discover in detail the essence of this medieval city and the three cultures that lived together in there.
Discover the “City of the Three Cultures”! as you go on a day tour in Toledo from Madrid.
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also the place of residence of the great painter El Greco.
This full-day excursion, includes a visit to the Cathedral of Toledo, its architecture shows all the stages of Spanish Gothic, and the inside of the building contains a large number of artworks (stained glasses, choir, main chapel, altarpieces, El Greco paintings, etc.); the Church of St. Tomé with El Entierro del Conde de Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco; the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca; the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes and the Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz; and at the end of the tour, we will enjoy learning about the famous technique of damascene (incrustation of precious metals in steel) and the forge of the steel of Toledo for making swords. The tour will end with a panoramic sightseeing of Toledo.
- Tour Duration: Approx. 8 Hours
- Starting Time: 09:00 AM / Check-in Time: 08:45 AM
- This tour is bilingual, English and Spanish
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins
- Optional lunch pack available (check lunch options for more information)
- Children under 6 years old are free. Lunch and consumptions not included
There are 3 lunch different options for this tour:
- without Lunch
- with Touristic Lunch: First Course: Vegetable and Vegetables Cream, Stew to La Riojana, Castilian soup, Mediterranean Salad (Summer), Ensalada Mediterránea (Verano), Salmorejo with crispy ham (Summer) Main Course: Roast Beef a la Jardinera, Stewed bull tail with Baker´s Paw, Chicken and vegetable Paella Valenciana. Dessert and beverages: House ice cream with fruit salad, Mineral water included
- with Gastronomic Lunch: First course: Spanish Soup Cup,Salmorejo cup (Summer), Homemade Croquette, Ratatouille Tartlet, Omelet with triguero, Garlic mushrooms, Manchego cheese. Main course:Roast lamb with Apple and baking potato, Roast suckling pig with Apple and potato, Grilled cod with turning potato. Dessert and beverages: House cake, Mineral wáter included, Wine and coffee
- Vegetarian Menu is available on-request
Tour operates from 09:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs (Approx. 8 Hours)
Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at Calle San Nicolás, nº 15 (corner Plaza Ramales)
(Open in Google Maps)
*This tour will end at Plaza Oriente
What You Get
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- Entrance to Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz
- Entrance to Cathedral of Toledo
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
How to Use
- Kindly present your printed or mobile voucher to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.