Be captivated by the landscape and spirituality of Montserrat, the magic mountain of Catalonia. The architecture at the Monastery and the breath-taking views from the site will fascinate you!
Start your half day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus towards the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically up to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter). Montserrat is a multi-peaked rocky range formed of sedimentary rocks shaped by the wind and rain. The popular imagination has seen human and animal shapes in some of these peaks, giving them names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat was founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending the pilgrim needs, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audio visual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat and to taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
The Escolanía of Montserrat is one of the oldest boys’ choirs in Europe (XIV Century). On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to enjoy one of their delightful performances. Their timeframe is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
- Tour Duration: Approx. 8 Hours
- Starting Time: 09:15 AM / Check-in Time: 09:00 AM
- This tour is bilingual, English and Spanish
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins
- Proper dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- At Montserrat there is mountain climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
Tour operates from 09:15 hrs to 14:45 hrs (Approx. 8 Hours)
Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at: Carrer de Balmes nº 5, Barcelona (Open in Google Maps)
What You Get
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual guide
- Taste of 3 typical liquors. Handmade by the monks of the monastery
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat”
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Other services not specified
How to Use
- Kindly present your printed or mobile voucher to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.