Discover picturesque villages as you leave Barcelona behind for an awe-inspiring trip to Montserrat mountain. On this half-day tour, you can ride a cog-wheel train and sit back as it climbs 4,051 feet (about 1,235 meters) to the Benedictine abbey located on Montserrat.
Once at the top you'll marvel at spectacular views across Catalonia before entering one of the most important pilgrimage sites in Spain, the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta, the Black Virgin.
You may be fortunate enough to catch one of the delightful performances of the boy's choir which sings in the monastery at midday. Then stop off at the museum to view a collection of modern paintings with works by Dali, Casas, Picasso, Rusinol, Monet, and more, before returning to Barcelona.
Tour departs meeting point at 3:00PM, please arrive 15 minutes before departure time.
Tour lasts for 5 - 5.5 hours.
Ages 13 and above
Child 4 – 12
- Enjoy a day trip to the holy mountain of Montserrat
- Take the chance to travel up the mountainside aboard cog-wheel train
- Visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat
- Admire the Black Virgin, a sire of pilgrimage for many of the Catholic faith
- Listen to the sounds of L'Escolania, one of the oldest boy's choirs in Europe
- View paintings from masters, like El Greco, Picasso and Dali at the basilica's museum
3. Enjoy your tour
Tour is only valid for the date purchased.
Changi Recommends and the merchant will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual’s negligence.
Changi Recommends will not be responsible for the loss of ticket caused by individual’s negligence.
The e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
The value of the voucher is in Singapore dollars.
Meeting point: Julia Travel Office, Balmes 5, Barcelona (Open in Google Maps)