Discover the interior East Algarve and the hills above Tavira. Discover the Caldeirão Mountains' surprising landscapes, and gain insight into the rich natural, human, and architectonic heritage of this region.
The lovely Caldeirão Mountain is situated in the border with the Algarve and the Alentejo regions. The mountains present astonishing landscapes, as well as a wonderful natural, human, and architectonic heritage, housing a large number of diversified species of fauna and flora.
On your tour, head to Cachopo, a picturesque mountain village, to see as some craftsmen work and to visit the ethnographic museum in S. Brás de Alportel, with its exquisite traditional handicraft exhibit. From the characteristic vegetation of the Caldeirão, see the sobreiro (Quercus suber) and medronheiro (Arbutus unedo). The typical houses of the Caldeirão Mountain are built in stone blocks, painted in white with cane.
Throughout the territory, find several rural relics from bygone times, like water mills, dams, windmills, and barns, among other symbols of a rural lifestyle with ancestral origins. In the neighborhoods of the beautiful Guadiana Valley, visit the village of Alcoutim on the border with Spain.
- The tour is non-private
- If you are staying in Olhão, Tavira and Cabanas de Tavira, pick-up is available
- Groups are limited to 7 people per guide
- The tour is done by car (up to 4 people) or minivan (5 to 7 people)
- Tour duration can be shortened upon your request
- Gratuities for your guide are not included and are payable at your discretion and greatly appreciated
- After purchase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your pickup. Include your order number and chosen pickup point in the email
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.