Explore the lakes and craters of Sete Cidades of the island of São Miguel in the Azores. Traveling by 4WD vehicle you’ll see the lakes, discover the west coast, and admire the dramatic landscape of the volcano’s caldera from scenic viewpoints.
On this full-day safari tour you’ll explore the west side of the island of São Miguel and the Massif of Sete Cidades, where volcanic craters gave rise to numerous lakes surrounded by lush vegetation, each with its own unique beauty.
Marvel at lakes such as Empadas and the stunning blue-green waters of Sete Cidades. Stop at several viewpoints along the way, such as Carvão, and Vista do Rei, where you can admire the unique landscape.
Take the most dramatic dirt trail to the volcano’s cone, and go inside the crater to the small village, where you’ll stop to enjoy a cup of coffee. Heading off road again, you’ll take a drive around the lake’s edge, passing a small peninsula covered with beautiful trees and flowers. Stop to enjoy the sounds of the area’s birds.
Near the coastline you’ll find several natural pools and spas, such as Ponta da Ferraria and Mosteiros, where you can enjoy a swim in the warm thermal sea waters. At the north-western extremity of the island you’ll see traces of the traditional whaling that was practice 4 centuries ago.
Travel along a pathway on the northern coast, taking in the sea views, and then return to Ponta Delgada by the main road, lined with beautiful hydrangeas.
- Pick-up and drop off at Ponta Delgada area hotels or at the cruise port terminal
- After purchase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your pickup location. Include your order number and chosen pickup point in the email
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.