Combine a morning tour at the Fire lake and a small easy hike through nature, visit the old hydraulic factory and finish your tour by soaking at the thermal pool of Ribeira Grande.
Start your day with hotel pick-up and head with your guide to the pineapple plantation. Get to know more about the culture of the unique Azorean pineapple. Then, head to Ribeira Grande, the second city of Sao Miguel, on the way to the Pico da Barrosa, the second highest point in Sao Miguel at 947 meters. On your way down, stop at a few viewpoints including the postcard view of the fire lake.
At Ribeira Grande, the last stop of the morning is at a liquor factory. Taste the unique flavor of the products. After that, have lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, get ready for Salto do Cabrito, a small hike that crosses a Cedrus region. Hear the song of the birds, feel the nature and reach the hydraulic energy central, one of the oldest ones at the island. Find a gorgeous waterfall and if you are brave, pop in for a swim. On the way back to the starting point, take a dip in the thermal waters, heated by the volcano of Fogo, before you head back to your hotel.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Praça de Gonçalo Velho 8, 9500-150 Ponta Delgada, Portugal