Take in all the highlights of the western half of São Miguel Island, including Sete Cidades, Fogo Lake, Caldeira Velha, Ribeira Grande town, the pineapple greenhouses and more. Learn about the island’s nature and history from an expert guide.
Your guide, an expert in the history and nature of the Azores, will meet you at your accommodation at 09:00. On this 9-hour excursion you’ll head straight to Sete Cidades, enjoying amazing views of the island along the mountain road.
Stop at the famous King's View, and take in the panorama appearing on many postcards of the Azores. You’ll be amazed at the beauty of smaller, little-known lakes of the area.
After you visit a small town by the lake, the drive continues to the west coast of the island and the beautiful rocks of Mosteiros.
In the afternoon, the itinerary starts off with a visit to Fogo Lake, the highest and most untouched of the large lakes of the Azores. Next is Caldeira Velha, a natural monument featuring lush vegetation and thermal activity. Continue to Ribeira Grande, the largest town on the north coast and see the most beautiful cliffs in São Miguel.
Your last stop on the tour is a visit to pineapple greenhouses, where you’ll learn the unique techniques used in growing this fruit that’s important to the Azores.
The program is a perfect introduction to the Azores, with a great mix of mountain views, lakes, coastal lookouts and insights into culture and history.
- Be sure to bring warm clothing as the mountain viewpoints may be windy and chilly
- Please wear sturdy shoes for brief walks
- Please contact operator if you wish to request a pick-up outside of Ponta Delgada for an extra fee
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Posto de Turismo - Ponta Delgada, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 9500-769 Ponta Delgada.