Explore the western and central parts of São Miguel Island on this full-day adventure. Drive to beautiful lakes, rivers, and uneven green valleys, discovering hidden waterfalls and unspoiled nature.
You will begin by departing for Lagoa do Fogo, driving on the south side of the island towards Barrosa Mountain. You'll eventually stop at the Belvederes to admire not only the beautiful quiet lake, but also the landscape of the surroundings. The tour then continues to the regional natural monument of Caldeira Velha (entrances fees not included).
Next up, visit of the hot springs of Ribeira Grande and São Brás Lake, a beautiful quiet lake surrounded by an amazing landscape. You will then visit the only tea plantations in Europe, where you can taste different kinds of tea at the Gorreana Tea Factory.
A picnic will then be served for lunch, following which you will depart from Ponta Delgada towards the western-most part of the island, where the mountains and lagoon of the Sete Cidades are located. A small stop will be made at the viewpoint of Vista do Rei, one of the most important panoramic views of the island from where one can observe the famous lagoon which rests inside a huge volcanic crater.
You'll then visit the village of the Sete Cidades, an authentic portrait of rural Micaelense. Following that you will venture to the north rim of this gigantic crater, along its fantastic, winding, and uneven country road. Finally, return to Ponta Delgada, where you will visit a pineapple plantation to learn about the peculiar way this tropical fruit is grown in the Azores.
- Visibility at the viewpoints depends on weather conditions
- The itinerary is subject to changes
- It is suggested to bring comfortable clothes and appropriate foot wear
- The weather in the Azores is unstable, it is therefore recommended that you bring a raincoat
- The "Bigtruck" capacity is 24 people, with a minimum of 10 people (if the minimum number is not reached, the excursion will be conducted in a van)
- Pickup is included for accommodation in the center of Ponta Delgada city. Please wait in your hotel lobby or outside the hotel 20 to 30-minutes before the scheduled pickup time. Drivers will wait no longer than 5-minutes after the scheduled pickup time
- After purchase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your pickup location. Include your order number and chosen pickup point in the email
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.