Rio Formosa Nature Park: 3-Hour Guided Walking Tour
Enjoy a guided walk through the pine woodlands, marshes, and saltpans of the Ria Formosa Nature Park. Discover the natural beauty and wildlife of this protected wetland area of the Algarve. Learn about traditional salt extraction and clam farming.
Experience the natural beauty of the Ria Formosa on a guided walking tour of the saltpans, marshes, and pine woodlands of the protected habitat of many species of aquatic birds.
Begin your 3-hour tour with incredible views over the saltpans. Your guide will tell you about the traditional salt extraction methods used in the Algarve. Salt is known here as white gold.
As you walk past the marshlands, you'll enjoy stunning views of the lagoon. If the tide is out you'll be able to see local people working on their clam farms as the guide tells you about this important economic activity.
As you reach the fresh water lagoon, there will be time for a rest break while you look for the Purple Swamphen, the beautiful bird that is the symbol of the Nature Park.
What You Get
- 3-hour guided walk
- Nature tour guide
- Use of binoculars
- Field guides and maps of the Ria Formosa Nature Park
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Edifício Ginásio Clube Naval Doca de Recreio de Faro 8000-541 Faro Algarve - Portugal N 37º 0'54.19" W 007º 56'13.74"