Visit the towns of Amarante, Régua, and Pinhão on this day trip that will steep you in the history of the Douro Valley region and of Port wine. Finish off the tour with a wine tasting at a vineyard.
A perfect trip for wine lovers, don't miss this day trip through the region that gave us Port wine. Leave Porto and head for your first stop in your Douro Valley tour, the town of Amarante. With its traditional streets and buildings made from local granite, here you can explore unique sites and noteworthy monuments, such as the Convent and Church of São Gonçalo, and a beautiful and imposing bridge. If you prefer, you can also visit the municipal Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso Museum.
Continue your trip through the city of Régua on your way to Pinhao, with a stop at a viewing point in Mesão Frio. In Régua, admire the beautiful stained glass windows of Casa do Douro - these windows illustrate the history of how barrels of wine were first transported in Rabelo boats down the Douro River.
In Pinhão, you'll see the city's famous train station, built in 1879, as well as the Douro Museum where you'll become familiar with the whole history of Port wine. Pinhão is a land of rivers, valleys, vineyards and houses climbing up the slopes, making this one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. You will walk along the river, passing through the train station with its typical tiles and then head to a farm for a Port wine tasting - the perfect way to finish off this Port adventure.
- After purchase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your pickup in Porto. Include your order number and chosen pickup point in the email
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.