The walking trail of Salto do Cabrito is a small circular route beginning/ending in the area of Caldeiras of Ribeira Grande. Here, you can also enjoy the hot springs, the recreational area, the bathing facilities and restaurant.
Begin this walk going down the tarmac road until you reach the junction and follow on the left, direction Lombadas/ Monte Escuro until you find a pipeline. Continue the tarmac road, around 100 meters and you will find, on your right hand side, a chain that you should transpose and follow along the way to gain access to the Fajã do Redondo Dam. Take the same road back until the same pipeline and follow now the land road ahead of you. Around 500 meters ahead, you should turn left, go around a gate (closed) on your left. This downward road, flanked by Japanese cedars, will take you to the hydroelectric power plant of Fajã do Redondo, deactivated, but you can visit if you call in advance the Company EDA Renováveis.
In this location, you will have to cross a stream, climbing the stairs that give access to a metallic sidewalk. This trail goes along the passageway until you find a steep stairway that will take you to the hydroelectric power plant of Salto do Cabrito. Arriving here, you will have to go right, round the building in order to gaze at the waterfall that gives its name to this power plant.
With the waterfall on your back, continue your walk going up until you arrive to a tarmac road. Turn right, following the sidewalk, you will pass the Bar Lagoa do Fogo and the geothermic central of Pico Vermelho. Before the junction on your left side, you will find a detour on your right hand side, a dirt road and you should follow it. Here, you have to overcome two streams, the second one with bigger flow, being advisable to cross it barefooted. Ahead, you will find a fork, go right, cutting first on your left side. Follow the signs until you see a paved road where you should turn right again, back to the Caldeiras of Ribeira Grande.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- After purchase, please email email@example.com to arrange your pickup from your centrally located hotel in Ponta Delgada. Include your order number and chosen pickup point in the email
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.