A 2-day tour inviting you to climb the highest mountain of Portugal, Pico Mountain. Leaving from Casa da Montanha, you will take an afternoon hike to the summit, where you will spend the night before descending the following day.
Pico Mountain is the highest mountain of Portugal, at 2,351 meters (7,713 feet), and the third-highest volcano in the North-Atlantic Ocean. It is a challenging climb, but also an extremely rewarding experience.
After departing from Casa da Montanha (1,200 meters), you will hike for 3 hours to reach the summit, making 4 official stops throughout your ascent. Once having reached the summit (2,351 meters), you will be able to enjoy the breathtaking views and the waning light of the day, before camping atop the mountain.
The following day, you will begin your descent from the peak. You will hike for 4 hours (depending on the pace of the group), and will make 2 stops on your return journey to Casa da Montanha.
- Participants should be in reasonably good physical health to partake in this tour
- It is imperative to inform in advance if any participants of your group suffer from physical ailments (especially in the lower limbs), dizziness or acrophobia, mental restrictions, cardiac problems, asthma problems, or respiratory sensitivity
- Participants should not have been diving within 24 hours of joining this activity
- You will need to carry your tent, mat and sleeping bag provided in a backpack (it weighs about 3 kilograms)
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pico Mountain House
Caminho Florestal nº 9 Candelária, 9950-000 Madalena, Portugal