Madeira: Dolphin and Whale Watching Tour from Funchal
Look for whales and dolphins in the Atlantic Ocean on a 3-hour catamaran cruise from Funchal. Enjoy guaranteed sightings or get a 2nd cruise for free. Sail along the south coast of Madeira, and hoist the sails if the winds are favorable!
Climb aboard a comfortable catamaran for a relaxing trip along Madeira's south coast from the Marina do Funchal. Look for dolphins and whales (and even turtles) playing in the cold waters of the sea.
If the winds are favorable, hoist the sails for a unique and unforgettable sensation. During the summer months, stop to swim below the cliffs of Cabo Girão, one of the highest sea cliffs in the world. A qualified crew will provide detailed information in various languages about the species of cetaceans (dolphins and whales) you see. In the event you don’t spot any whales or dolphins you will be offered a 2nd trip (June to 15 September), with the added bonus that it will be at sunset.
Get historical and technical information from your crew for a truly unique experience.
- Please bring a windbreaker and sunscreen. In the summer, you can also bring a towel and swimwear to swim
- The catamarans are equipped with toilets, and a bar serving snacks and beverages
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is cancelled, you will not be entitled to a refund
- Tours may be cancelled after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the requirements, or in the event of bad weather. Should this occur, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
What You Get
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meet at the Marina do Funchal, Loja 9, 9000-005 Funchal , VMT Madeira (Catamaran Trips).