Head out from Faro on a comfortable catamaran for a sail through the amazing Ria Formosa channels. Visit Desert Island with a nature guide and learn about the native bird and plant life. Enjoy the beach and a tasty lunch at the island’s eco-restaurant.
Your journey to Portugal’s unique Desert Island begins on board a comfortable catamaran that will take you to Ria Formosa Natural Park, for a full and relaxing day exploring the paradise of the Algarve. A professional nature guide will help you identify birds and plants and tell you all about this special place.
On the boat trip your nature guide will tell you about the hundreds of species of birds and plants that are native to the area.
After about an hour’s ride, the boat will dock at Ilha Deserta (Desert Island), a place only accessible by boat and so unspoiled it’s hard to believe such a natural jewel still exists.
You’ll find a unique beach situated at the southernmost point in Portugal, and an eco-friendly restaurant, where you can taste the traditional flavors of Algarvean cuisine.
Choose to stay on the island for a few hours or the entire day, returning to Faro whenever you want. A number of return times are available.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
The meeting point is Cais da Porta Nova. The boat is at the Porta Nova pier on Comandante Francisco Manuel Street. To get there you'll follow the waterfront around the corner from the Faro marina (close to the Eva and Faro hotels). The pier is less than 5 minutes by foot from the marina.