Spend an amazing day on a visit to the Berlengas archipelago, a pirate-like setting where you can kayak, snorkel, and explore the UNESCO Biosphere World Heritage Site. Take a boat to Berlenga Island and explore historic sites, nature reserve, and caves.
On this full-day excursion you'll start at the city of Peniche, a traditional fishing village, where you'll find a boat waiting to take your group to Berlenga Island.
After arriving at the island, you’ll then board a smaller boat in order to see St. John the Baptist Fort. Built in the 17th century, the fort was an important part of the shore defence system. Hear stories about the brave soldiers who defended it during the attack by the Spanish fleet.
Take a walk back to the port along the authorized paths of the nature reserve, admiring the amazing views in this UNESCO Biosphere Heritage Site. At the port, you’ll have some free time for lunch (not included), or for a quick swim or snorkeling (equipment provided) at the beach nearby. There is just 1 restaurant on the Island, but it is of good quality and fresh fish is always available.
If you bring a snack with you on the trip, you’ll find the island’s only beach just steps away. Snorkeling here is a good option, as undersea life is abundant and the waters are calm. After lunch, you’ll have a chance to kayak around the island if you like.
The island cliffs are full of caves, and you can kayak through them. For the less active, there’s the option of touring the caves in a small glass-bottom boat.
Afterwards, you’ll head back the mainland for the return trip to Lisbon.
- It not recommended that you book the tour on weekends as the Island gets a little crowded during the summer
- The climate conditions do not always allow the tour to operate, and can even change while you're on the island
- Don’t forget your towel, swimsuit, and sunscreen
- Wear comfortable shoes, as you will do some walking on steep paths
- You may bring your own lunch if you like, as there is only 1 restaurant available
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Lisbon Tourism Information Office, Palacio Foz, Praca dos Restauradores, Lisbon. Please arrive for 08:00.