Enjoy a relaxing cruise in the Fjords and admire the beautiful Norwegian landscapes.
Set sail from Tromsø city center accompanied by a knowledgeable, English-speaking guide who will give you an introduction to the local history and culture. You will see the beautiful Norwegian landscapes and mountains, the local wildlife (if you are lucky you can spot eagles, dolphins and even seals). Learn all about the weather and the arctic ecosystem, the war, and the Viking history, plus the big industries like fishing and aquaculture.
The route will depend on the weather, you will pass by Ramfjord, Kvalsund or Straumsfjorden and the guide will try to show you Olavsvern (an old royal Norwegian submarine base). During the winter, they will show you Ramfjord and the beautiful views around. You can also relax in the outdoor jacuzzi and sauna onboard (subject to boat availability). After the boat part of the trip, conclude with a 1-hour guided visit in the museum-restaurant Full Steam, on land in Tromsø, with a tasting experience. Here you will learn all about the culture of codfish in Noay and around the world. You will also be able to taste some delicacies like caviar, dry codfish skin, and codfish liver oil.
Start Time: 9.00am
What You Get
Fjord Cruise And Tasting Experience In Tromsø
Adult: Age 13 and above
Child: Age 4 to 12
- Scenic transport by boat
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide and host
- Thermal winter suit and life jacket
- Hot coffee, water, tea and biscuits
- Local history, nature, wildlife, and culture information
- Possibility to use jacuzzi/ sauna onboard (subject to boat availability)
- Experience visit at Full Steam Restaurant/ Museum with a guided tour on the codfish culture plus tasting caviar, among other codfish delicacies
- Personal Expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Keep in mind that the weather in the arctic can be rough some days
- If you think you might get seasick, please bring sea-sickness medicine with you and take it half an hour before the trip starts
- Please bring along warm clothes, boots, hat, scarf and mittens
- Please note that the different boats have different number or passenger limits: Leone boat: 12 people, Strønstadboat: 30 people, Aurora Explorer boat: 145 people
- You can buy cold drinks and warm food onboard (waffles, hot dogs, expedition meals –dry food to which you add water, etc. –vegetarian expedition meals available)
- Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure
How to Use
- Present mobile or printed voucher to tour guide
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Please meet the guide in the back of RåSushi Restaurant (outside, in Stortorget), Tromsøcity center.
Stortorget 1, 9008 Tromsø, Norway