Oslo Nature Walk: Forest To Fjord
Experience Europe's largest urban forest on a nature walk from Oslo, and see traditional wooden buildings, pristine lakes and enough berries to last an entire vacation. Marvel at the fjords from hilltop viewpoints, and end with a swim in a lake.
Depart Oslo and travel by metro up the hills, starting at sea level and ending nearly 500 meters above the city and fjord below. Stop at the historical Holmenkollen Ski Jump and be stunned by the scale of the jump and the views it affords from the spiritual home of Nordic winter sports. Then, start your hike through Oslo's Marka, the dense forest surrounding the city, and home to a couple of thousand kilometers of hiking paths! Arrive at Frognerseteren in about 30 minutes and explore the collection of 19th-century wooden buildings. Admire monuments that typify Norwegian rural architecture, take in the inspiring views, and nourish yourself with the affordable food in the café. Pick up a picnic lunch here as the tour will stop at a viewpoint in 30 minutes time for lunch.
Trek along dirt paths and rocky passages in the deep forest, and make your way to Vettakollen, a lookout point known only to the locals. It's the perfect place to stop for a panoramic lunch, before making your way through the forest to the shores of Sognsvann. Take a dip in one of Oslo's prettiest lakes and enjoy water temperatures of between 18 to 24 degrees Celsius (66-78 Fahrenheit). Then, journey back down to the city via a different metro line, and get more great views as the tour returns to civilization ending on the main street of Karl Johans gate.
Start Time: 11:30 AM
What You Get
Oslo Nature Walk: Forest To Fjord
Adult: Age 18 and above
Youth: Age 10 to 17
- Public transport ticket (available to purchase at the shop before the tour)
- Drinks (available to purchase at the shop before the tour)
- Food (available to purchase at Frognerseteren Café along the tour route)
- Rain gear
- Personal Expenses
- Please wear good walking shoes, light hiking boots or similar footwear. Bring a sweater, as it can be cooler at the higher altitudes
- Please note participants should have a good fitness level as there is plenty of elevation change
- Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour start time
How to Use
- Present mobile or printed voucher to the tour guide
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting Point: Viking Biking shop, Nedre Slottsgate 4, Oslo.