See the magical Waitomo Caves and the Hobbiton Movie Set on a full-day sightseeing tour from Auckland.
Setting off from Auckland, travel through the lush farmland of the Waikato and King Country regions, enjoying your driver guide’s entertaining and informative commentary.
The Hobbiton Movie Set has become one of New Zealand’s must-see destinations. A working farm near the small town of Matamata was transformed into a film set for the world-famous Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies, and today you get to visit the set and see where the magic was created. During your guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set, you’ll see highlights like the original Hobbit Holes, the Green Dragon Inn, the Party Tree and more. Your tour guide will share amazing behind-the-scenes stories and fascinating facts about how the film set was brought to life.
After you’ve had your fill of movie magic, sit down to lunch – a delicious feast worthy of a true hobbit – outside the Green Dragon Inn. Your next stop is at the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, a network of underground tunnels and caves made from incredible limestone formations. Set off on a 45-minute guided tour of the caves, ending with a truly special boat trip through the Glowworm Grotto, where glowworms twinkle and shine overhead as you sail through a dark and silent cavern.
After exploring these two top New Zealand visitor attractions, your driver guide will take you back to Auckland, returning in the early evening.
- You are strongly recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes and a warm jacket for the Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour
- Children aged 2 and below are free of charge but still require tickets for accurate headcount. Should you be bringing along any children aged 2 and below, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number & No. of Infant tickets required
Tour departs at 0800hrs daily. You will return at approximately 1900hrs
What You Get
- Return transfers from Auckland in a premium coach
- Guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set
- Lunch at the Green Dragon Inn
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour
- Boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto
- Entertaining driver commentary
- Complimentary WiFi
- Hotel transfers
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
InterCity Sky City Bus Terminal
102 Hobson Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand