Wairoa River - Grade 5 Rafting Trip
Enjoy the thrill of one of New Zealand’s best Whitewater rafting trips on the Wairoa River in New Zealand's central North Island.
The "one the locals love", this fantastic rafting adventure offers a stunning rock and tree lined gorge that combines turbulent rapids with exciting drops to produce top white water action. This is the most technical of the trips we offer and it is not recommended for non-swimmers.
- Children aged 12 and below cannot participate in this activity due to safety reasons; children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Recommended weight for participation is 40kg - 125kg
- Trips are subject to minimum group sizes, water levels and weather conditions. Should your rafting trip be cancelled due to any circumstances. you will be informed by the operator accordingly
Wairoa River Rafting only runs 26 days a year (usually selected Sundays from September to May). Timeslots available are 1000hrs and 1300hrs
What You Get
- Approximately 1.5 hours on the water
- 15 to 20 minutes of training prior to rafting
- Rafting equipment such as safety helmets, life jackets, wetsuits and wetsuit booties
- Swimsuit and towel (please bring your own!)
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your rafting.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
81 Ruahihi Road, Lower Kaimai Ranges