Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
Enter the Wonderland of Stunning Geothermal Activity.
Bear witness to one of the most spectacular showcases in all of New Zealand, thousands of years in the making! Visit the thermal wonderland of Wai-O-Tapu, the country’s most vibrant and diverse geothermal park, where you can find a great concentration of geysers, sulfuric pools, bubbling muds, and hot springs. Get to explore the 18-square kilometre natural wonder and let its surreal beauty open your mind and invigorate your senses to release your own inner harmony and sense of tranquility. Enjoy viewing unique volcanic features as you walk at your own pace along well-defined tracks.
- 26 unique natural features
- World-famous Champagne Pool
- Lady Knox Geyser (presentation at 1015hrs daily)
- Huge volcanic craters
- Largest Sinter Terrace in the Southern Hemisphere
- Spectacular range of colours
- Proximity to New Zealand's largest Mud Pool (3-minutre drive from the Visitor Centre)
- Choose from various walking tracks, ranging from 30 minutes (1.5km) to 75 minutes (3km)
- Be sure to utilise the comprehensive guide map in English with translations in 11 different languages
April - October, Christmas Day (25 December): 0830 - 1700 hrs (last admission at 1545hrs)
November - March: 0830 - 1800 hrs (last admission at 1645hrs)
The famous Lady Knox Geyser show starts at 1015hrs.
Allow at least three hours to see everything at Wai-O-Tapu.
What You Get
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Food and Beverages
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher upon entry on the day of your visit.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
201 Waiotapu Loop Road
RD 3 Rotorua 3073