Tiritiri Matangi Guided Walking Tour (Departure From Auckland)
Your guide will lead you straight to the kororā (little blue penguins) nesting boxes, plus show you the best spots to watch birdlife and how to identify the bird calls echoing through the trees.
DOC Biosecurity Briefing - A Department of Conservation (DOC) Ranger will meet all visitors on arrival for an important biosecurity briefing.
Guided Walk - Let the experts lead the way! Experienced volunteer guides from The Supporters of Tiritiri Matangi will lead you on a walk to see native birdlife in action. Learn about the history of the island, the native plants around you, and how the forest has been restored to its current glory. Guides will organise guests into small groups based on walking track preferences. There are two track options - both with ample opportunities to spot birdlife:
- Wattle Track - the shorter route of 2 kilometres and takes approximately 1 to 1.5 hours to complete
- Kawarau Track - the longer route of 3 kilometres and takes up to 2 hours to complete
Visitor Centre and Views - Finish the tour at the visitor centre where you can browse through informative exhibits and visit the gift shop while sipping complimentary tea and coffee. Afterwards, take a stroll to the famous Tiritiri Matangi Lighthouse - it's a great spot to have lunch! You will still have plenty of time to explore the rest of the island on your own afterwards.
- Please be advised that a reasonable level of fitness is required as walking tracks are either hard surfaces, grass or boardwalks, with many wooden steps
Tour commences at 0845hrs and operates from Wednesday to Sunday, except for Christmas Day
What You Get
- Return ferry transfers to Tiritiri Matangi Island from Auckland city
- Approximately 90-minute guided walking tour - learn about the exquisite wildlife, revegetation and history of Tiritiri Matangi
- Complimentary tea and coffee after the tour
- Hotel transfers
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
99 Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand