Te Puia - Te Rā Experience
Come face to face with Pohutu Geyser, jumping mudpools, and live kiwi birds; watch master carvers and weavers at work, and hear our guides share stories passed down from their ancestors.
Te Puia is a must-do activity in Rotorua and a day tour of Te Puia is the best way to experience this top visitor attraction in New Zealand. Your Day Pass allows you to explore Whakarewarewa geothermal valley, visit New Zealand’s native kiwi birds, and learn about Maori history & culture.
Book a guided tour with one of the friendly guides on-site, or experience Te Puia at your ease! Guided tours are not compulsory and commence hourly from 1000hrs.
- World-famous Pohutu Geyser
- Te Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley
- Kiwi House
- National Schools of Carving and Weaving
- Te Heketanga a Rangi (entrance)
- Rotowhio Marae
- Pikirangi Village
- Taonga Gallery and Gift Shop
0800 - 1700 hrs (April - September)
0800 - 1800 hrs (October - March)
What You Get
- Admission to Te Puia
- Approximately 60 to 90-minute guided day tour in Te Puia (optional)
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from Te Puia
- Personal expenses
How to Use
Please present a voucher upon entry on the day of your visit.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Hemo Road, Tihiotonga, Rotorua 3040, New Zealand