A daytime discovery experience like no other, walk high amongst giant 118-year-old redwood trees and open your eyes to the natural beauty of our forest.
Feel the spirit of Rotorua’s iconic Redwood Forest from above and up close to these 118-year-old gentle giants. This suspended 30-minute ecological walk provides a unique bird’s eye perspective of the forest, capturing its picturesque beauty and ambiance. At 700 metres long, this one-of-a-kind New Zealand Treewalk consists of a series of 28 suspension bridges, which traverse between 27 majestic 118-year-old Redwood Trees. The Treewalk sits at 20 metres above the forest at its peak and the walkway has been specifically designed and constructed to preserve the trees, plants, and the surrounding natural environment by using a uniquely constructed New Zealand-first technologically designed sling, which is suspended from the Redwood trees.
This ecological walk is a perfect wet weather activity with the stunning colours of the forest coming to life in the rain. Enjoy at your own pace with no safety harnesses or training required, and appreciate the peacefulness and spirit of this special forest. Leave feeling inspired, refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Admission is free for children aged 4 and below
- It takes approximately 40 minutes to complete the entire Treewalk
- Please be informed that your weight cannot exceed 120kg
- For safety reasons, please be informed that you cannot hold or carry any babies, toddlers or young children; there will be a baby stroller on-site if required, first come first served
- The suspension bridge and viewing platform can hold up to 8 people at one point of time
- Please be informed that there are numerous safety rules that need to be adhered to while on the trail; if unclear, please check with the staff on-site
0900 - 2200 hrs (last entry at 2130hrs)
Redwoods Nightlights are turned on at dusk. Please be advised that you have to vacate the Treewalk at dusk.
What You Get
- Admission to Redwoods Forest Treewalk
- Redwoods Nightlights
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from Treewalk
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher upon entry on the day of your visit.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
1 Long Mile Road, Whakarewarewa, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand