Mount Tarawera Fly & Drive Combo by Floatplane
Combine your scenic seaplane flight with a 4WD hiking experience on Mount Tarawera.
Your journey begins with an off-road 4WD experience through native New Zealand bush, transporting you to the craters edge. After 1.5 to 2 hours of hiking, your 4WD will drop you at the remote shores of Lake Rerewhakaaitu when you will return to Rotorua by floatplane.
Enjoy a spectacular aerial overview of the Waimangu Volcanic Valley, Mount Tarawera and our hidden lakes district. This stunning flight completes the Tarawera experience and returns you to your departure point on the shores of Lake Rotorua at our downtown city floatplane pier.
- While there is no specific items to bring, you are recommended to bring along your camera, sunscreen, a bottle of water and some snacks
- You are also recommended to wear hiking shoes, warm jacket and a hat/cap
- Please be advised that only backpacks are allowed if you are bringing a bag
- Tour duration, flight times and inclusions may vary due to weather conditions, volcanic activity and passenger loadings
- There may be additional charges for passengers above 110kg
- Children under the age of 2 years old are free of charge, provided they sit on their parents' laps
You typically begin the day with the 4WD experience, followed by the seaplane flight back to Rotorua. This combo can be done in reverse order - the operators will decide the order on the day of your experience according to weather conditions. Tour duration, flight times and inclusions may also vary due to weather conditions, volcanic activity and passenger loadings. Excursion landings are undertaken at your own risk and such landings are at your pilot’s sole discretion.
What You Get
- 4WD hiking tour on Mount Tarawera for approximately 1.5 to 2 hours
- Return flight to Rotorua on a seaplane
- Experienced driver/pilot commentaries
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your flight.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Rotorua City Lakefront
Lakefront Drive, Ohinemutu, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand