Mount Tarawera & Orakei Korako Floatplane Flight
This seaplane flight features the Orakei Korako walking tour, instead of the Waimangu Thermal Valley views.
At 3680 feet in elevation, this majestic volcano dominates the surrounding landscape and plays centre piece to the stunning lakes which surrounds it. Above Tarawera, views of cavernous craters reveal the power of what was the largest eruption in New Zealand’s living memory. The 1886 eruption devastated the local area, including the famous Pink and White Terraces - once claimed as the eighth wonder of the world.
Continuing south and along the fault, we fly over the Waimangu Valley to view the Frying Pan Lake and Inferno Crater spectacular from above. Further south again, aerial views of the Wai-O-Tapu reserve provide a tapestry of vibrant colours, including the Champagne Pool, Artists Pallet and the reserves coloured lakes and hot pools.
Leaving Wai-O-Tapu, we descend to follow the Waikato River to the hidden valley of Orakei Korako. Landing on the river is a thrill in its own rite before docking to board your ferry to cross the river and begin your land-based tour. Experience hot springs, gushing geysers and the natural beauty of this geothermal wonderland. Your return flight takes in views of farms and the Paeroa mountain range, before flying over Rotorua City and returning to our Lakefront pier.
- While there is no specific items to bring, you are recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes suitable for the condition of the day of your flight. Bring a light jacket, water, sunscreen and your camera!
- Tour duration, flight times and inclusions may vary due to weather conditions, volcanic activity and passenger loadings
- There may be additional charges for passengers above 110kg
- Children under the age of 2 years old are free of charge, provided they sit on their parents' laps
Morning and afternoon flight times available and they vary due to weather conditions, volcanic activity and passenger loadings. The exact flight time will be stated on your confirmation voucher.
Please arrive at the operator's office 15 minutes before your flight.
What You Get
- Approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes of scenic seaplane flight around the hidden lakes district and Volcanic Peaks
- Approximately 1 hour touring Orakei Korako
- Experienced pilot commentary
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your flight.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Rotorua City Lakefront
Lakefront Drive, Ohinemutu, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand