Get your adrenaline fix on Rotorua’s famous Kaituna River, with an "at one with the environment" experience.
Enjoy the scenery, culture and history of this famous river with your friendly, professional guides. Sledging is the most strenuous of all trips offered, as compared to rafting. You must be a strong swimmer and physically fit.
Seeing the river at eye level while lying on a board kicking with flippers is extremely challenging and rewarding; it is not for the faint-hearted and makes a great personal challenge. The trip starts with a 10-minute walk carrying your sledge in to below the Kaituna waterfall, before taking on the river.
- As guide to the level of fitness required, participants should be capable of sprinting 100 metres and recovering reasonably quickly
- Children aged 14 and below cannot participate in this activity due to safety reasons; children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Trips are subject to minimum group sizes, water levels and weather conditions. Should your sledging trip be cancelled due to any circumstances. you will be informed by the operator accordingly
- Should you wish to opt for the complimentary pickup from central Rotorua accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Accommodation Details
Sledging trips are available from 1 November to 30 April and commence at 1030hrs & 1400hrs
What You Get
- Approximately 45 minutes on the water
- Full training prior to water sledging
- Rafting equipment such as safety helmets, life jackets
- Complimentary pickup from central Rotorua accommodation
- Swimsuit and towel (please bring your own!)
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your rafting.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Hangar 14s, Rotorua Airport, 837 Te Ngae Road, Roturua
If you have opted for pickup from your accommodation, you will be picked up by the operator approximately 30 minutes before your trip.