Crater Lakes Floatplane Flight
Explore the Outer Rim onboard a seaplane.
The Crater Lakes flight offers amazing views of the hidden lakes district from above. Departing the city lakefront helipad, you climb eastbound to view the lakes of Tikitapu (Blue Lake), Rotokakahi (Green Lake), Okareka, Tarawera and Okataina. These stunning crater lakes are surrounded by native forests and pastoral lands, hidden from the city by volcanic terrain; only an aerial perspective reveals the true beauty of this region. Returning to the Lakefront, your descent takes you across the shores of the Lake Rotorua, offering views of the city prior to landing.
- While there is no specific items to bring, you are recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes suitable for the condition of the day of your flight. Bring a light jacket, water, sunscreen and your camera!
- Tour duration, flight times and inclusions may vary due to weather conditions, volcanic activity and passenger loadings
- There may be additional charges for passengers above 110kg
- Children under the age of 2 years old are free of charge, provided they sit on their parents' laps
Morning and afternoon flight times available and they vary due to weather conditions, volcanic activity and passenger loadings. The exact flight time will be stated on your confirmation voucher.
Please arrive at the operator's office 15 minutes before your flight.
What You Get
- Approximately 15-minute scenic seaplane flight around the hidden lakes district
- Experienced pilot commentary
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your flight.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Rotorua City Lakefront
Lakefront Drive, Ohinemutu, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand